ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE motion tracking of zoom and pan

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve dannAE motion tracking of zoom and pan
by on May 5, 2010 at 10:57:04 pm

Having studied hard I think I've got a reasonable grip of AE motion tracking, using multiple null objects to track objects in and out of frame but I'm stumped how to do this ... I'd like to superimpose text on the foreground of a landscape as though it was painted on the grass and stay in the same place when the shot zooms or pans. My attempts to pan with text result in the text twitching as it moves (having chosen a good quality track point as near as possible to the site of the text.)

Second related problem is I have no idea how to motion track a zoom into a caption as though it was on a doormat in front of the camera. If I was inserting a solid colour I could perspective corner pin it but I can't make it work with a title layer even when I use a null object. I also can't use a reference object in the shot to give me good track points as it woulod be seen inn the final composite.
Any help much appreciated, I expect I'm missing something obvious, at least I hope so.

Return to posts index

Greg RobbinsRe: AE motion tracking of zoom and pan
by on May 6, 2010 at 4:53:29 am

Sounds like your moving on more deeper then just the simple AE tracker. Start looking into Mocha, it comes with AE cs4. You can easily find tutorials online just google it. There is also a few on this site I believe. Good luck

Return to posts index

steve dannRe: AE motion tracking of zoom and pan
by on May 6, 2010 at 6:00:38 am

Thanks Greg, Trying not to spend more money but if I'm not missing any obvious techniques or tools in CS3 and that's what it takes, I'll have to think about biting the bullet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved