ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

FCP xml audio export issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Orchard
FCP xml audio export issue
on May 5, 2010 at 9:40:03 pm

Ok guys...

FCP 7, AE CS4, Automatic Duck Pro Import 4.03. I edited an audio track to cross fade with another in FCP. Automatic Duck xml export. Pro Import the xml into AE. The crossfade transferred smoothly, all keyframes are there. It RAM previews fine. When I export via Render Queue to .mov, the crossfade is now a fade out - fade in. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks everyone!

John

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP xml audio export issue
on May 5, 2010 at 9:59:48 pm

Wow, that's a weird one.

Here's the one thing I can think of: using Open GL to accelerate AE renders can mess up a lot of things, and animated audio levels via The Duck could be one of them. If you've got it turned on, turn it off.

I know this is just skirting the issue, but do you even NEED to render out the audio? I do video-only renders all the time for FCP, with lip-sync footage to boot, and I never have any problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Orchard
on May 5, 2010 at 10:31:40 pm

Open GL is off. This is really buggin'. As for your question, it isn't necessary to export audio, I'm usually just finishing on AE and didn't want to add any extra steps (and take up more drive storage), and especially the time to render again from FCP with a finished AE project. Extra round-tripping, ugh.

For now, I'll keep playing with the settings in all my spare time until it exports correctly!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 5, 2010 at 10:48:26 pm

[John Orchard] "I'm usually just finishing on AE and didn't want to add any extra steps (and take up more drive storage)"

Okay, so export the audio in FCP, and use QT Pro to add the aiff to the completed AE file. It's worth a shot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]