ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Could my project panel be too full?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve ClarkCould my project panel be too full?
by on May 5, 2010 at 4:23:41 pm

I'm making a TV promo with a video wall and Zaxwerks 3D titles.

The project is 1920x1080. I'm using 3D layers to create a floor and 2 walls. Those layers are 6000x6000 pixels.

The first comp that used the video wall rendered fine.

The second comp that used the video wall would fail rendering, giving me the 7::66 or 7::39 errors...saying that a layer is too large.

Tried resizing the 6000x6000 layers down to 3000x3000. Still had the failed render with the 7 66 or 7 39 errors.

After spending a couple of days researching render issues and settings, someone in the office said that maybe the project panel was too full (something that happens in Avid occasionally).

When I split the two comps into two seperate projects, I was finally able to render the comps with out failure or errors.

My question...can the project panel be too full in After Effects?

I'm running a Mac with
OS X ver 10.6.3
2x 2.8 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
20 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB Dimm

Thanks for any insight to this issue.

Steve Clark
Promotions Producer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Could my project panel be too full?
by on May 5, 2010 at 4:39:17 pm

[Steve Clark] "...can the project panel be too full in After Effects? "

I've been working with AE since version 3, and I've never, EVER heard of nor experienced such a thing. But there could be something else going on when you split up the project: did you have to do some prerendering to get certain things from one project to another?

Prerendering solves a lot of issues.

Okay, so technically it wouldn't have been prerendering -- you would have been rendering out comps in one project, and using the rendered files in another project. But by doing so, you would have eliminated a LOT of the heavy lifting AE had to do when it was one big, massive project.

Slick, huh?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve ClarkRe: Could my project panel be too full?
by on May 5, 2010 at 6:23:08 pm

I have streamlined the project panel (even if it's not part of the problem), and rendered out various passes on the video wall, then compiling the renders for the final project.

So far so good.

Thanks for the input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved