ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Assistance With Opening Credit Sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky StefanyAssistance With Opening Credit Sequence
by on May 5, 2010 at 3:30:39 pm

I am finishing up a long production of a James Bond fan film in the middle of this month and I urgently need help with making a cool looking opening credit sequence like they have in the Bond movies. If anyone knows of any tutorials or anything that can help with this please let me know. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Assistance With Opening Credit Sequence
by on May 5, 2010 at 4:11:42 pm

Well, what do you know?

Just for the heck of it, I went and googled "James bond opening credit tutorial" (with no quotes), and l found just a TON of stuff, ranging from actual tutorials to visual inspiration!

I bet you could do that, too....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ricky StefanyRe: Assistance With Opening Credit Sequence
by on May 5, 2010 at 4:55:31 pm

When I do this I find a lot on the opening gun barrel sequence which I found a creativecow tutorial for, however what I am truly looking for is a tuturial on how to create the opening credit sequence where they tend to use a lot of shadowy figures and bullets flying across the screen and such. If there is not a tuturial then maybe just some hints as to what might create such effects with shadows and moving 3D objects in After Effects would also be very helpful. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Assistance With Opening Credit Sequence
by on May 5, 2010 at 6:03:02 pm

Well, start drawin' pictures and comin' up with a sequence you want to do.

There's no such thing as a "James Bond Opening Credits Sequence" tutorial beyond what you see, and there are so many different techniques involved in doing things in AE that it would be a waste of our time and the COW's storage space to enumerate all the possibilities.

Figure out what you want to do. Put it down on paper. Ponder the trouble spots. Revise that sequence until you like what you see. Then come and ask.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]