ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I delineate / edit mesh in puppet tool?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean WorsellCan I delineate / edit mesh in puppet tool?
by on May 4, 2010 at 1:08:34 pm

When I add a pin to a figure using the puppet tools, AE automatically applies a mesh to the object. I can vary the number of triangles. But AE still has decided what portions of the object have mesh. Is there a way to custom apply mesh to an object? I'm finding that AE is actually applying mesh to the narrow "empty spaces" between the object's details, when this is supposed to be "empty space" (ie., when I distort the object, the empty spaces distort along with it, instead of being treated as "background"). I would like to be able to carefully "draw" my mesh so that these empty spaces are not included in the total mesh. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Sean WorsellANSWER: Yes, I can delineate / edit mesh in puppet tool.
by on May 4, 2010 at 1:20:07 pm

Aha. I have to draw a mask around the details of the object in order to control where the mesh is applied. I answered my own question. Maybe this will help someone else though. Cheers.

Return to posts index

Sean WorsellRe: Can I delineate / edit mesh in puppet tool?
by on May 5, 2010 at 3:30:30 am

I think I spoke too soon. The mask seems to help with the small details...but I still need to draw custom mesh somehow. I know there must be a way...but I can't find it yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]