ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

m2t conversion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardisonm2t conversion
by on Apr 30, 2010 at 7:35:46 pm

I am trying to convert m2t files to mov's but all the converters I have downloaded compress the video and I am losing quality in the files. Does anyone know a converter I can buy that will not compress my file? Wondershare compressed my file and so did m2t convertor for mac

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: m2t conversion
by on Apr 30, 2010 at 8:47:32 pm

If you have Final Cut Pro, you can convert to ProRes as you transfer the footage.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mitch HardisonRe: m2t conversion
by on Apr 30, 2010 at 8:54:43 pm

I did not film the footage. A guy gave me over 40 of these m2t files to make a video. I am using after effects. Thanks Dave

Return to posts index

Juan A. Ibarra PeinadoRe: m2t conversion
by on May 1, 2010 at 6:41:16 am

Im working with m2t files for a long time ago, everytime i need convert an m2t file i use the simpli but really good Adobe Media Enconder using QT file with compression NONE, the files result are very long but quality is perfect, i hope this helps you.

CÁMERA: JVC GYHD251+BR-HD100
VTR: JVC BR-HD50
CAPTURE PLAYBACK: BLACKMAGIC MULTIBRIDGE PRO
COMPUTER: I7

Return to posts index

by on May 1, 2010 at 2:06:57 pm

That is great Juan I did not even know adobe media encoder would import the file since premiere and AE wouldnt. Can you please tell me your exact export settings? Thank you so much. You think you just saved me about $40 from buying a converter online. Mitch

Return to posts index

by on May 1, 2010 at 6:03:09 pm

What codec are you using?

Return to posts index

Juan A. Ibarra PeinadoRe: m2t conversion
by on May 1, 2010 at 6:08:19 pm

1st steep you must to be sure the m2v codec is *installed on pc, start the Adobe media Econder file/open select your m2v file, select format (qt), select preset/edit preset (compression none)... Voila!

* When premiere is installed on pc, check the autoinstall codecs is complete. Checking the m2v codec is working: create a new project with HDV sequence and import the m2v file into the project, if premiere works with m2v, Encoder works too.

CÁMERA: JVC GYHD251+BR-HD100
VTR: JVC BR-HD50
CAPTURE PLAYBACK: BLACKMAGIC MULTIBRIDGE PRO
COMPUTER: I7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]