ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

ExPERT advice needed for rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerardo Flores
ExPERT advice needed for rendering
on Apr 30, 2010 at 8:59:08 am

Hey Guys Im having problems with rendering and as Im totaly new
I will like that maybe some of you tell me if Im doing well or if you can tell me the best way to render..

Ok Im doing some video for my web site.... they are gonna be for user with aceptable to good internet connections...
the video is gonna be showed in flash format 1200x700
the render is making as a quick time film using optim quality and the H.264 codec
the audio is with 48000kHs and 16 bit stereo...

After this I will compress it with camtasia or maybe sorenson...

Thank for any comments

Gerar

Thats my real name :)

Return to posts index

Hannes Paulsson
Re: ExPERT advice needed for rendering
on Apr 30, 2010 at 10:32:57 am

Hi Gerardo!

I don't really se the question here. Are you having some problems with doing it the way you described?

The only thing I would say about is that I don't really see a reason to first compress it with h.264, and then compress it again to flash. Render it out from AE uncompressed, and then encode it to flash.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 30, 2010 at 1:12:05 pm

I agree; do not render H.264 out of AE. Dave LaRonde explains why:
Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Making good-looking compressed files is almost as much an art as it is a science. It is NOT straightforward at all. I recommend asking a few questions at the COW's Compression Techniques forum.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gerardo Flores
on May 1, 2010 at 12:02:38 am

Hey Guys

Thank you for your comments I really apreciante them a lot...

Ok I will stop using any codec and I will compress the file after with some professional tool...
And what about the 15 fps it is ok?
somebody told me that 1200x700 it is too big...
and maybe it is true but I will like the video to use almost the entired screen to catch the
attention of the user... Shall I reduce the size?

I mean my problem is that if you will be in my shoes.. will you do the same or will you change
something and what?

Have a nice weekend .
and again thank you a lot.

Gerar.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 3, 2010 at 4:06:28 pm

What do you need to DELIVER? Who uses your AE work after you are finished? What is this person's requirements? If you don't know, you need to FIND OUT.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gerardo Flores
on May 3, 2010 at 9:06:07 pm

hello Mr. LaRonde
thank you a lot for participate in this post...

The videos are gonna be showed in my web site...
are gonna be showed as a flash presentations using even some interactions...
so at the end the user its gonna see a small interactive presentation in flash where they will
be able to draw and drop, answer questions, mark the right anwers etc.

the users that I want to reach are medium to hight quality internet connections...

the reason that Im making the video 1200x700 is because i want to catch the whole atention of the users
while they are watching the video...
A friend told me that I even can make the video smaller maybe 600x350 to make it lighter and then add it to the web site as a 1200x700 video ; do you think is good idea...
Im have not experience in videos for web at all but I will like the videos to be ass good as they can
I mean a nice quality but I dont want that users wait for hours to download them as well.

Please witch cain of settings will you use in my case?

Best regards

Gerardo

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 3, 2010 at 9:14:31 pm

[Gerardo Flores] "...the reason that Im making the video 1200x700 is because i want to catch the whole atention of the users..."

If you're shooting HD or HDV video, why not keep it at 16x9, at 1280x720? Or 640x360?

Getting a user's attention has just as much to do with the DESIGN and LAYOUT of the web page as it does with the size of the video.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gerardo Flores
on May 3, 2010 at 10:27:15 pm

Dear Mr LaRonde
To say the true it is not any HD footage in my videos for the moment
maybe in the future... the videos are for teaching grammar so for the moment they look like this

this is just a small demo...

and Im leaving the video 1200x700
to leave some space in the screen for some other icons
but enought big to cover allmost the whole screen

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 2, 2010 at 5:08:37 am

Although yes, I'd probably render it out as something manageable like ProRes, DVCProHD, or Animation, then output that from QTPro or Compressor to make my h.264, there is no need to compress it again for flash. H.264 is flash. Simply change the .mov to .flv. Then drop a skin on it with Dreamweaver, etc and you've got your .swf.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]