ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any good tutorials for overlaying images over movie clip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darrell RogersAny good tutorials for overlaying images over movie clip
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 11:53:57 pm

Hi all,

i'm just about to embark on my first After Effects project.

Can anybody suggest a good tutorial that would allow my to overlay a an image of some bodys face over a movie clip of somebody elses face? This would involve scaling as the movie face gets smaller.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Any good tutorials for overlaying images over movie clip
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 2:35:30 am

Overlaying one image on top of another is very basic After Effects stuff, so I'm going to start out by recommending that you start here and work your way through everything first.

However, I'll also give you the benefit of the doubt and jump all the way to the other end of the spectrum and point you to the best "tutorial" I've seen yet about replacing one face with another using After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Darrell RogersRe: Any good tutorials for overlaying images over movie clip
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 2:50:24 am

Thanks Todd, a great example, mine will be much simpler with motion tracking a static picture onto a movie.

Now i know i'm looking for 'motion tracking' there seem to be plently of tutorials out there.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Any good tutorials for overlaying images over movie clip
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 2:35:24 pm

Sorry that I don't have a link, but...

...there's a good two-part tutorial on how a guy made a music video, overlaying a guy's face onto footage from the '90's TV show Golden Girls. He used Mocha AE for tracking, careful masking and lots of color correction.

You might find them on the Mocha web site.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Any good tutorials for overlaying images over movie clip
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 3:43:04 pm

Dave, the link that I provided is to that Golden Girls piece.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Any good tutorials for overlaying images over movie clip
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 3:45:50 pm

Well, that's what I get for not following and carefully reading all the links in the threads: egg on my face.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]