ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bauke RegnerusCamera problem
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 9:34:16 am

Ok, here's my situation. I have a project with 3D objects: a solid plane as a desktop with several objects. The camera moves over the desktop to show the objects one by one. With some expressions, the camera's point of interest is always positioned underneath the camera. That way, I only have to animate the camera position to move the camera over the desktop.

But sometimes the camera misbehaves.

The camera starts at a certain position and animates to the first object. It stops a couple of seconds before it moves on to the next object. During this pause, it should not move, but somehow it does!

The keyframes look like this:

O ---[animate]--- O -----[pause]----- O ---[animate]--- O

So during the pause the camera is still slightly moving around, and I have no idea what the cause is.

I have tried several solutions, like adding an extra keyframe during the pause to keep the camera in place, and toying aroung with easing... but no success.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Camera problem
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 12:59:17 pm

Check out the thread immediately below yours -- or Aharon Rabinowitz's tutorial on boomerang keyframes -- you may have the same issue.

Also, many AE users prefer to parent the camera to a 3D null, apply the "Separate XYZ" animation preset, and then control the camera rig rather than the camera itself. This makes some camera moves dramatically easier to animate with simple keyframing.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved