ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

exposure

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Wheelerexposure
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 10:52:53 am

I have a comp with a mask, some sky and the original foreground. Is there a quick filter i can apply that would adjust the brightness/exposure of the foreground comp using the background as source. I need to give the effect of the shutter closing down when the sky gets bright.

thanks

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: exposure
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 8:56:29 pm

I'd think the fastest way to do it would be to use the Exposure filter and keyframe it manually.

If you really need to do this automatically, I think you'll have to write an expression using sampleImage(). As always, Dan Ebberts has a great example of using sampleImage() to drive obscuration, and Todd Kopriva also has a quick write-up on sampleImage().

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Matthew WheelerRe: exposure
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 9:08:20 am

Walter,

Thought that might be the case. I'll be sure to check out Dan Ebberts expressions, after ive met this deadline :)

I'm quite surprised there isn't a plug in for auto global exposure adjustment layer effect based on a given source layer.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: exposure
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 1:09:39 pm

[Matthew Wheeler] "I'm quite surprised there isn't a plug in for auto global exposure adjustment layer effect based on a given source layer. "

There are effects that do the opposite -- like Color Stabilizer, which samples a reference frame and tries to make all other frames match it.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]