ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

The illusion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrej SpilevojThe illusion
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 9:49:01 am

Hi Guys please see the video example and let me know if any of you have an idea how to achieve the same in AE or any other software

Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: The illusion
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 3:51:03 pm

Try to be more specific in your questions- it may be obvious to you what you're referring to but not to the rest of us. I think you're probably asking about the particle effect. If so, the easiest way is to create the effect in 3D- Max, Maya or other- and set up multiple cameras to shoot the same animation.
Or you could shoot a real seismograph or polygraph needle from different angles using motion control to match the speed. Track the 3D camera move in each shot.Then animate the red line, make it dissipate in particles (trapcode particular). Use the track data to match camera moves, and composite the animated red line over your footage matching the different angles.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Andrej SpilevojRe: The illusion
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 8:05:04 am

Thank you for your ideas. When you watch the camera movement it doesn't look very real according to the smooth angle it makes. I work on C4D but I have never heard of matching the music on that soft. Is that possible? The rest is pretty obvious as long as one can make the needle move by the bit in C4D.

Andrej

http://www.batareika.lt

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: The illusion
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 1:23:01 pm

[Andrej Spilevoj] "I work on C4D but I have never heard of matching the music on that soft. Is that possible? The rest is pretty obvious as long as one can make the needle move by the bit in C4D."

Beat matching is done manually more often than you might think, and unless you can get stems from the mixer, you're going to have a hard time isolating the sounds you want the needle to respond to.

C4D's non-linear animation might be helpful here for building the animation loops you'd want to drive the needles.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]