ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render Settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vitor TeixeiraRender Settings
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 4:09:11 am

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to render out my animation to DVD and for web. When I mean for web it's for my website.
Could you give me some tips about the best way to achieve the best results if possible.
Really appreciate the help.
My best at the moment was with quick time (png compression).

For example, what type of compression is used for the qualities in the tv Shows that we usually download. Like lost, house, etc etc.
An 720p HDTV usually as at the maximum 1.2GB
How is this usually done?

When inspiration arises, it will find you working. (John Cage)

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Render Settings
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 1:06:43 pm

Different places do their video compression different ways. HD is often done with H.264 encoding. And every standard definition DVD is MPEG-2.

Keep in mind that, just like some people's entire job is motion graphics, some people's entire job is compression. It's trickier than it appears.

Also, don't use AE for your compression. From my friend Dave LaRonde:
Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Making good-looking compressed files is almost as much an art as it is a science. It is NOT straightforward at all. I recommend asking a few questions at the COW's Compression Techniques forum.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Vitor TeixeiraRe: Render Settings
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 3:47:51 am

A huge thanks.
I was noticing that so I started to render the file without any compression.
Then for the web I used H.264 with the Media encoder, nice result.
with the media player the quality was very good, with the quick time it wasn't that good.
To create the DVD I used Nero vision, again with the same AVI without compression, this really looked great, well after a lot of tweaking.
What do you think of this way I follow.
A friend of my said that Sony DVD Architect Pro was really great to make DVD's. Is this better than Nero Vision or it's just the same thing?
One of the things I searched info was about the quality of the DVD, and I found a very good article saying that the Verbatim were the best.

When inspiration arises, it will find you working. (John Cage)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved