ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Single Box vs. Master Collection

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Than BaardsonSingle Box vs. Master Collection
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 8:20:44 pm

Hey everyone,
Well, after the impressive showing at NAB, I'd like to upgrade to CS5. I can still purchase student editions of software for another 2 weeks and have a question:
I've been running CS4 Master Collection for Windows and have had numerous problems. I mainly need Photoshop and After Effects but would pay just as much for those two individually as I would if I got the Master Collection...
Has anyone else had trouble or heard of trouble with the Master Collection products vs the individually boxed products? I'll be running from a Mac from now on. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Single Box vs. Master Collection
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 2:12:52 pm

I always install the Master Collection, and I haven't had any problems doing so. You have to have either Master Collection or Production Premium to use some features, like Dynamic Link.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Larry S. Evans IIRe: Single Box vs. Master Collection
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 7:18:53 pm

Sounds as though you were having Windows problems and not Master Collection Problems.

I had CS3 Master Collection, running on Windows XP Pro, and no issues with it. I upgraded to CS4 without removing CS3 and then later ended up having to remove and reinstall CS4 completely when I removed some of the CS3 components. Otherwise, I have had no problems, so it may be just your Windows installation.

As has been pointed out the "box sets" have some features you can't get in single licenses, but if you are only looking to do video work, cross-grading to CS5 Production Premium from Master Collection may be the way to go. Production Premium includes the video production and editing tools along with the DVD creation system, but not any of the web or DTP stuff. As far as I know it does include Photoshop Extended.

Also note that from what I understand CS5 will only run in 64-bit OS and on the Windows platform it is 64-bit Vista or Windows 7. Xp64 is not supported.

Larry S. Evans II

Executive Producer

Digital I Productions

Return to posts index

Than BaardsonRe: Single Box vs. Master Collection
by on Apr 30, 2010 at 3:05:45 pm

Thanks guys!
I had to uninstall and reinstall CS4 twice and actually reformatted my whole machine but ended up with the same problems in Encore. Maybe I just got a bum copy. That's how it goes I guess. I'll be on Mac from now on, hopefully that'll be better.
CS5 Master Collection should be on it's way soon. Thanks again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved