ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating a single character.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohammed OvaisAnimating a single character.
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:22:37 am

I tried the search engine, couldn't find anything on this, strange since I thought it would be commonly used.

The problem is, I haven't used AE in a while so I've forgotten how to animated a single letter/character in a text layer.

What I'm trying to achieve is just to rotate the first letter of two words only and not the entire words.

I know there is a very quick way of doing this, could you guys remind me?

I tried messing around with offset, start and end, also range too, but it just doesn't work, maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

Return to posts index

Mohammed OvaisRe: Animating a single character.
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 12:02:37 pm

Just to go into a bit more detail, the words I'm going to be animating are This July. One text layer which is "THIS JULY", that's when the event is, I want the entire text layer to fly in, but as it flies in, I only one the letters T and J to rotate, the direction doesn't matter much, but I just want T and J to rotate. What would you suggest?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Animating a single character.
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 1:39:01 pm

You will want to animate rotation and use a range selector to only select the letters you want to move. This tutorial and this one may help with that.

Or simply read this.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mohammed OvaisRe: Animating a single character.
by on Apr 26, 2010 at 2:00:01 pm

Thanks a lot mate, very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]