ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Randomly reset "Z" position to "0"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam MarlowRandomly reset "Z" position to "0"
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 6:34:11 pm

i have 18 layers animated in a 3D space. each animation is positioned only using the Z position key frames. after coming back to my computer from a lunch break, i found all the Z position key frames set to 0, therefore reseting individually animated layers to non moving objects. Is this an after effects bug, that can randomly and specifically reset key frames? or is it sabotage?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Randomly reset "Z" position to "0"
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 8:47:48 pm

YOW! I have never, EVER hears of AE having a mind of its own like that. Not once. If you suspect sabotage, you may be right, and I feel sorry for you that your workplace is like that.

This is why, when I take a long-term break, I do the following: save the project file, save a copy of the project file, do an increment and save and quit the application.

I don't have problems with saboteurs, I'm just very lazy and I don't want to re-do a lot of work if I don't have to... especially when saving project files takes so little time.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Randomly reset "Z" position to "0"
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 9:24:26 pm

Unless you accidentally selected all of your keyframes on your layers and made an adjustment to them, I also suspect sabatoge.
Makes me thankful for my sabatoge-free work environment.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jon BaggeRe: Randomly reset "Z" position to "0"
by on Apr 24, 2010 at 11:28:10 am

Have you got auto-save enabled? It makes a folder in the same place as your project, you may find a good version there.

If you haven't got it turned on, do it now!

Jon Bagge
Editor - London, UK
Avid - FCP - After Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved