ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heath AlseikeUnMult
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 6:19:12 pm

UnMult is an awesome plugin for after effects. Does any one know if there is an equivalent plugin for Photoshop?

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: UnMult
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 6:38:53 pm

I don't know of a plug-in for PS. But if you simply change your layer mode to Screen. you will get the same result ;-)

Invigorator/Proanimator Training:

Return to posts index

Heath AlseikeRe: UnMult
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 6:44:09 pm

Yeah thought of that but I need it alphaed over nothing and screen mode only works on top of another solid layer

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: UnMult
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:42:48 pm

you can get close by applying the lens flare to a black layer (like you most likely have already). do a select all and copy, then add a layer mask to that layer.

go to the channels panel/tab, select the layer's mask channel and paste.

go back to the layers panel/tab and apply the layer mask to the layer. then choose layer>matting>remove black matte.

it will do a pretty good job of giving you a keyed lens flare.

sometimes you can get better results by looking at the different color channels, then copy/pasting the color channel that looks like the best matte into the layer mask, it depends on the colors in the lens flare.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: UnMult
by on Apr 24, 2010 at 11:41:47 pm

A way to get the same result as the Knoll Unmult plug-in using the effects built into After Effects is to use the Channel Combiner effect, with Max RGB as the From value and Alpha Only as the To value, and then apply the Remove Color Matting effect.

Thanks to Trish Meyer, who just showed me this recipe.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved