ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 ram management problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank RuggieroAE CS4 ram management problem
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:03:48 pm

Hi Cow Experts.

My problem is AE CS4. I recently upgraded. I never had any issues with CS3 managing ram, so I feel confident it is a CS4 problem.

The problem being for instance, I can work on a spot and for a short amount of time, Ram previews work fine. But the more I work on it, all of the sudden, I will only be able to preview a couple of seconds. Then I have to purge ram in order to get a full preview, and then the same thing happens. I work, and make a couple of changes, and then I am can only preview a little bit at 1/4 resolution.

Sometime it says something like "After Effects needs more than 2 frames for a ram preview" and I have to purge. It is so frustrating that I went back to working in CS3.

Anyone have this problem. Its really disappointing.

Thanks in advance.

FR

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE CS4 ram management problem
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:11:00 pm

I suspect you don't have the free upgrade to AE 9.0.2, which solved a lot of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Frank RuggieroRe: AE CS4 ram management problem
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 4:55:23 am

Hi Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I was hoping you were on to something, however I am updated to 9.02.42...

ANyone else have this problem? I am the only one with this conflict? Any ideas?

Maybe I will have to make the move to CS5 and hope for the best.

Frank

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: AE CS4 ram management problem
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 5:48:57 am

Hi Frank,

Deleting your AE's prefs file should do the trick. The "At least 2 frames..." warning used to happen a lot in version 7.0, less in CS3 & CS4. And deleting the prefs always helped us.

Just try it and let us know.

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Frank RuggieroRe: AE CS4 ram management problem
by on Apr 23, 2010 at 3:02:51 pm

Hi Serge,

Thank you for responding. That looks like it fixed my problem! I went back to a problematic project, and kept shifting things around, doing ram previews and it was able to preview the whole 15 second timeline at full resolution. I never considered rebuilding the preference file. Thanks again for your help.

-Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]