ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Missing HELP files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben rollasonMissing HELP files
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 2:54:12 pm

Has anyone else found that the After Effects CS4 help has gone missing?

Is there an AE help anymore that isn't online?

The link is dead:

Long live the link!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Missing HELP files
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 3:10:50 pm

[ben rollason] "Is there an AE help anymore that isn't online? "

Nope. The reason: it allows the AE documentation team to keep AE Help up to date.... and believe me, that's a good thing.

You see, just like any other software developer's marketing department, the Adobe marketing folks have an extremely nasty habit of overpromising. So the documentation folks have to put the software through its paces under such a wide variety of platforms, situations and hardware as would boggle the imagination, note those conditions where the application's originally-documented operation is at variance with marketing promises, and append footnotes that in effect say, "Um folks, here's how it REALLY works."

I'd bet they encounter actual bugs, too. It's tough to catch every blessed coding error in beta testing.

Now, if you want an actual document in your hand, you can always download the PDF version. Even though I also found my link to AE Help dead, I'd bet it's simply a temporary thing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Missing files
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 5:37:55 pm

Our production folks had a technical difficulty this morning. The CS4 document is being restored as we speak.

The CS5 and CS3 versions are up right now:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved