ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Website title intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karl DaviesWebsite title intro
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 7:59:11 am

Hi, i'm looking to make a snazzy welcome screen for a website project. Just an animated Welcome message then fades off to the main site page. At the moment i'm toying with the Write-On effect, plus Glow and Trapcode shine, it looks good but do you have any other suggestions?

Also, i'm unsure as to which file format i should export it as. I initially thought maybe Flash file, but i don't seem to have that as an option on my render section. Suggestions? Which is best for web compatability?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Website title intro
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 2:11:31 pm

Flash is usually a good web option. I would do flash out of AE though. I'll let Dave LaRonde speak to why:
Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Making good-looking compressed files is almost as much an art as it is a science. It is NOT straightforward at all. I recommend asking a few questions at the COW's Compression Techniques forum.
As to suggestions for you: without seeing what you already have or getting a better description of what you want, we are going to have a hard time coming up with any suggestions.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved