ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering footage as interlaced video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ZikO ZebbikRendering footage as interlaced video
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:51:40 pm

I have prepared 3d stereoscopic material and I would like to render it as interlaced video such that upper filed is for left eye and lower filed for right eye etc.

I have separated field so far. The only think i don't know is that I am not sure if I have to render this material with any special flags set such that any other video player would recognize that movie would be interlaced.

Do you know how to do it in after effects? Should I worry about it ot just leave it and render it as HDTV or PAL etc and AE will take care of the interlacing process?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Rendering footage as interlaced video
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:57:20 pm

The AE Help should handle the "how to render interlaced" concern. Video devices don't recognize flags. If they can do interlaced, they show one field, then the other. If the clip is progressive, they do the same thing, but the two fields happen to be identical. The machine doesn't know the difference, and doesn't care.

The rest is determined by the playback device. What does it want from you? Does it want upper field first or lower field first? One video or two? Who is in charge of the playback device? Who knows how it works? To whom will you be giving your video?

This is the person who will answer your questions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved