ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D export for viewing in 3D theater

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Buzz Pierce
3D export for viewing in 3D theater
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:38:37 pm

Recently did graphics for a trailer that will play before a "3D" movie. The client wants the graphics to be in "3D" when viewed in the theater with the 3D glasses on. The graphics were created in AE in 3D space. Anyone have any idea how I need to export these graphics for true 3D viewing? Is this something AE can do?

buzzalong

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: 3D export for viewing in 3D theater
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:21:17 pm

Find out from the client which 3D system is being used, and talk to the techies who know the system. Then get back to us. :-)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:26:10 pm

[Buzz Pierce] "Recently did graphics for a trailer that will play before a "3D" movie. The client wants the graphics to be in "3D" when viewed in the theater with the 3D glasses on. The graphics were created in AE in 3D space. Anyone have any idea how I need to export these graphics for true 3D viewing? Is this something AE can do? "

What 3D projection system will you be using? You will need to talk to an expert there about the actual deliverables required.

I've done a couple stereo tests with AE, and I found it really cumbersome because the software itself lacks built-in stereo support. Nuke would be a better option, because stereo support is built-in, but since everything is already built in AE, you may as well finish there.

Check out Chris Keller's awesome stereoscopic scripts for After Effects. I've used them a few times. The workflow is still a bit clunky because of AE's limitations, but these scripts are an incredibly well thought-out workaround for this, and they will save you hours and hours of work.

You might find some more information on the Stereoscopic 3D forum here.

I'll also point out a couple threads that helped me:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/268/10

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/268/84

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Buzz Pierce
on Apr 19, 2010 at 10:48:15 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I'll check out these forums and contact the client to get more info on deliverables. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Thanks again.

buzzalong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]