ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

scale puppet tool object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus Wagnerscale puppet tool object
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:06:04 pm

im experiencing a problem with the puppet tool. i have a composition of a character with a few vectorlayers (arms and legs) inside. i animated the composition with the puppet tool. the thing is, i want to reuse the same animation in different shots and especially for closeups ... now my problem is if i precomp the animation and scale it i dont have the full resolution of the vector-layers. and if i switch on the sunsymbol (optimize) the puppet tool rig is screwed up.
is there a possibility to parent the puppet tool points to the layer ... so that i can scale the whole thing?
thanks for your replies!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: scale puppet tool object
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:17:15 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the puppet tool's coordinates are taken from the COMP, and not the layer.

For ease, you should have started big and then scaled down. You did it kind of bass-ackwards.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Markus WagnerRe: scale puppet tool object
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:25:37 pm

Yes thats exactly true .. but i thought there might be an option to scale the whole "rig" more ore less ... as i used vectors it wouldnt matter qualitywise. the problem is i cant change the global position of all the points of the puppet at once .. not with a null at least.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved