ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Globally change background color of a project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Globally change background color of a project
on Apr 19, 2010 at 2:32:08 pm

Is there a way to change the background color of a comp to white globally for all comps?

Return to posts index

Antony Buonomo
Re: Globally change background color of a project
on Apr 19, 2010 at 2:58:02 pm

This may be too much work after the fact, but you could put the same new solid as the bottom layer in every comp, if you then do Command-Shift-Y you can change the colour and then check the box that says something like "do you want to apply this change to every instance of this solid?"

A

Vertigo Productions

http://www.vertigo.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 19, 2010 at 3:08:41 pm

I don't believe there is such a thing, and frankly, I don't know if I'd even want such a thing.

For example, I'll frequently scrutinize green screen work by changing the comp's background to magenta, which is opposite on the color wheel from green. Any stray green edges or blurs stick out like a sore thumb. Very handy.

If not having a consistent background color for your comps just drives you nuts to the point of incapacitating your work, you might make an appeal to Adobe via a feature request.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:11:25 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "If not having a consistent background color for your comps just drives you nuts to the point of incapacitating your work"

Not really, just curious if it was a possiblity. Thanks guys...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]