ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Masking and Export Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken EvansAfter Effects Masking and Export Problems
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 1:21:03 pm

I'm using some Apple 422 HQ compressed material (1920 x 1080) in AE to just do some final tweaks to a commercial.

However, when I use the render queue I'm getting changes in the mask (position and feather value) where there are no changes on the timeline or keyframes. The really annoying this is, although it's a flat file, the problems are occurring each side of a edit in the file! I tried using the File>Export method and this solved the masking issues but then heavily over saturated the file.

Any ideas what might be going on here? How does the quicktime export box differ from the render queue when using identical settings? Also the render queue takes 30 mins to render, the QT export just a few minutes.

It's really annoying just how much AE changes the look/gamma and saturation of material. It drives me insane!

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodsRe: After Effects Masking and Export Problems
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 4:01:26 pm

I'm not sure about the masking issue. I haven't experienced what you are describing, and can't quite picture it. As for the gamma issue, have you tried adjusting the project settings? Some codecs use auto gamma correction which can mess with things. I find checking "Match Legacy After Effects Quicktime Gamma Adjustments" in the project settings will often fix that issue.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: After Effects Masking and Export Problems
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 5:35:15 pm

Got screengrabs?
- good masks, bad masks in the final result
- render queue settings
- file>export settings

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved