ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Smoothen picture transistion??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukas PenningsSmoothen picture transistion??
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:46:51 pm

Hi there,

I'm working on an AE project right now but my animation does not work so well... WHY? I've got a lot op png pictures following each other but the animation is not running that smooth.. pretty logical..

However, I was looking for an easy way to smoothen them.

the png's are 3d max exports from different angels beacause we want the car to run in 3d over ther highway.

Thanks in advance,

Lukas Pennings
The Netherlands

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodsRe: Smoothen picture transistion??
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 3:55:37 pm

I'm a little confused by your post, but from your image, it looks like you are trying to take a linear sequence of frames rendered from max and ease into and out of them. I would import the 3d max files as an image sequence rather than individual files, then use time remapping to get your ease in and outs. When using time remapping, you can use frame blending to create in between blended frames during your eases.

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Smoothen picture transistion??
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:48:34 pm

twixtor from re-vision effects does this the best. Time re-mapping. But its not cheap. You really need to know your 3d program well enough to ease in and out within IT and avoid trying to mess with the motion after the fact. You are, from the photo, trying to hold still images for more than one frame increments. Not sure why, probably to attempt to ease them in, but thats just not how the animation workflow should occur.

good luck

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved