ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon EdwardsRender Question
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 4:55:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just about finishing my first freelance piece of work and am slightly unsure what to output it as. In After Effects it is HDTV 1920x1080 and 25 frames a second, but the finished file will have to go on a dvd so it won't actually be viewed in HD so what should I render it out as to put it on dvd?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Render Question
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:31:04 pm

Drag it into a DV comp (regular or widescreen preset) and render that to Animation or PNG (Quicktime). Then use Compressor or something to encode that for DVD, then use DVD Studio Pro or something to author the DVD.

Return to posts index

Simon EdwardsRe: Render Question
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:34:24 pm

Brilliant, thanks for the know how!

Simon

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2010 at 10:25:31 pm

Sorry one more question, when you say encode for dvd what format should I be encoding it to for a standard dvd player. I've seen a few answers all over the internet some saying .vob, .iso or mpeg-2 so i'm a bit lost now!

Thanks very much

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Render Question
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 1:01:27 pm

1) make the clean video in AE. The codec should be high-quality, like PNG, animation, ProRes, etc. This doesn't have to play back well, since it's probably rather big.
2) use something like Compressor to compress. You should compress to MPEG-2, though if you use a preset, it may have "DVD" in the preset name. This should create an m2v file for the video, and probably an ac3 file for the audio. Those are file types, while MPEG-2 is the codec.
3) You import the m2v/ac3 files into a DVD authoring app such as DVD Studio Pro or Encore. Through the normal DVD Authoring process, this app creates the VOB files which go on the DVD.

Any questions?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 17, 2010 at 12:57:56 am

Thats great thanks. After a nice 12 hour render I followed your steps and handed the dvd over today! thanks so much for the help!!

Simon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]