ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Footage becomes noisy in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sven De Bruyne
Footage becomes noisy in AE?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 8:26:01 am

Hi guys,

I shot a bunch of nicely lit greenscreen footage the other day, it's shot using the JVC-HM100E in MOV format (with XDCAM EX). When I look at the footage in preview or quicktime or final cut, the colors stay nice and even (as they were recorded).
As soon as I import the footage in After Effects (CS4) however it becomes slightly darker, more saturated and noisier and becomes almost impossible to key nicely! I tried turning on the 'match legacy after effects quicktime gamma adjustments' but no luck. I tried exporting the footage to a TIFF sequence from Final Cut, but the same problem when I import it...

I'm running out of ideas here! Someone please help!

Thanks!
Sven

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Footage becomes noisy in AE?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:25:22 pm

Sounds like a color management problem. Do you have color management turned on? If so, try turning it off or changing the setting to match your other apps.

-E

Return to posts index

Sven De Bruyne
on Apr 14, 2010 at 6:02:44 pm

I don't have color management turned on. Working space is set to 'none'. Should I set it to something different here?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Sven De Bruyne
on Apr 14, 2010 at 6:05:52 pm

Maybe an important fact: when I add a levels-adjustment to the footage, the histogram is already tampered with (you know, when there's 'lines' in your graph showing missing values)... How the hell can this happen?

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Apr 14, 2010 at 7:19:43 pm

That's very strange. I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help. Sorry. Good luck.

-E

Return to posts index

Sven De Bruyne
on Apr 14, 2010 at 8:06:12 pm

Wow, this was kind of my last resort. Hope someone else out here knows what the problem could be?!

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Apr 14, 2010 at 8:52:19 pm

You might want to post in the JVC Cameras and Sony XD Cam forums as well.

Return to posts index

Richard DuCasse
on Sep 6, 2010 at 4:14:27 pm

I am having the exact same problem. Got some HDCAM EX clips, was not supposed to be green screen, but client shot some at the last minute. Can't get a clean key with Keylight. Looks OK until you look close. Very grainy and noisy at 100%.

Tried using After Effects Color Difference key, and it's less noisy, but not as good of a key as Keylight.

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to get rid of the noise in green screen keys with HDCAM EX?

Any info would be most appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]