ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Stroke

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Edwards3D Stroke
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 10:21:17 pm

Hi there,

Im using 3D stroke to animate some flourishes growing and have encountered a couple of problems that I'd really appreciate it if I could get some help with!

I've got an illustrator layer with the flourishes on and then have a track matte above with masks of the illustrator layer and 3d stroke applied. It animates fine but some of the masks animate from one direction and some from the other so I wanted to know if it was possible to get them all to animate in the same direction without applying the effect to each individual mask rather than the layer as a whole.

The other problem is before any of them start to animate and the layer should be blank there is a very thin cross across the screen that shows the masked layers through, how do i remove this?

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D Stroke
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 3:49:09 am

That cross is because you haven't purchased (or registered your purchase) of 3d Stroke.

I can't think of any good reason to use 3d Stroke for what you're doing; use normal Stroke.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Simon EdwardsRe: 3D Stroke
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 9:02:15 am

Hi guys, just wanted so say thanks for the help and its all working fine now by using normal stroke and changing the mask direction :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved