ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

cs5 on XP 64

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Perez
cs5 on XP 64
on Apr 13, 2010 at 4:37:54 pm

I haven't found any official comment about supporting XP 64, which means it won't, yet no one can be sure of that. But if anyone tries it, please let us know.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: cs5 on XP 64
on Apr 13, 2010 at 5:36:51 pm

I thought I heard an official word and that word was "no". But now I don't remember where I saw that. Windows 7 is a good OS though, stable and with better features for dealing with new technology than XP by a long shot. Everyone I've spoken with says it's a good upgrade.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Alex Perez
on Apr 13, 2010 at 5:44:26 pm

Yeah, I know it's better in many ways, but some controls set me back. I'm the kind of guy that still has a single color desktop background. I am already looking for ways to make 7 feel like XP.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 13, 2010 at 6:43:38 pm

You heard the official word from me here.

Here's a link to the system requirements page:
http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/systemreqs/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:07:11 pm

I don't think that really helps though. XP 64 also wasn't on the supported list for CS4, for those of us who have been on that and used it. There were actually 2 major problems. One is Encore burning capabilities didn't work right because they got a driver wrong (that one was just laziness in programming). The second was that you needed a newer directX to use the cooler zooming and rotating options in photoshop. But everything else, from what I can tell, works just fine in all the CS4 stuff.

Is CS5 the same way I wonder? Sure they don't officially support it, but will it work and would we still see much of the benefit from CS5?

A lot of us guys with corporate jobs don't have a choice in OS. I'd love to be on Windows 7. My home laptop is faster than a lot of things than my work workstation with double the processing power and video card power probably due to OS and some other crapware they put on there, but we have to deal with it. Probably will for at least another 2-4 years honestly. Upgrading an OS is extremely costly to a large corporation.

Is anyone actually using CS5 on XP 64? I'm looking mostly for the vid production suite.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:40:14 pm

After Effects CS5 will not install on Windows XP.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:42:23 pm

Good to know. Super lame, but good to know. I guess we just won't be buying any more Adobe software for like 5 years. Bleh. Too bad there aren't alternative suites.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]