ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Customer support a waste of time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Grote, Jr.Customer support a waste of time
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 7:43:55 pm

I have been on hold for 45 minutes and then when I do get someone, who speaks broken English and I can't understand half of what they are saying, I have to spend 10 minutes on the whole customer ID crap. Then I find that the first person who I spent 10 minutes with about customer ID cannot help me, so I get transferred to another person, who speaks broken English, takes another 10 minutes to go thru the customer ID crap, yet again and not even get my question answered. Why, because I couldn't understand a work he was saying.

Please for goodness sake, if you are going to hire people in customer service, make sure that what ever language that they need to communicate in, that they can do it well. I myself don't have a lot of time to deal with trying to understand someone, when I am trying to fix a problem.

I am a pretty easy going person, but I do not have half a day to get an answer to a question.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Customer support a waste of time
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 9:09:50 pm

See this page, especially the part about 2/3 of the way down about sending me a case number:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Customer support a waste of time
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 3:01:32 am

Dealing with corporate Adobe is like walking through a minefield within a maze. And case numbers mean nothing - they always get lost within the maze. Start another case number and you're likely to get closer to a mine. Speak to higher ups as far as VP and still nothing ever happens - not even the return call/email they promised.

Don't confuse the great SW and Todd's awesome contributions as being symbolic of Adobe the corporation. Once you start dealing with Adobe the corporate entity, you will quickly realise that they're just another corporate giant with employees who will protect their own specie more than they will assist you.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Joe MoyaRe: Customer support a waste of time
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 11:17:37 pm

Probably will never happen... english speaking customer "support"... at least so long as they have the current CEO.

In general, most software customer support is outsourced and provides little to no customer suppport...Adobe is just more intune with this outsourcing agenda and very lackluster customer support.

My experience with adobe has been...if you have a problem that a forum post can not help you will take anywhere from 2 days to never getting your problem fixed by customer support with Adobe. Which is why a good user software forum's are so useful... and, along that line... AVID has EXCELLENT user support on their forums.

BTW, did you post a new thread asking for help on Adobe's community forum? If not, you might try that as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved