ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Business Card

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
efraim orBusiness Card
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 3:11:32 am

Hi guys.
I decided to take my after effects skills one step forward and to print myself a Business Card.

can you please show me your card guys, or any other examples.
I have no idea how its דupposed to look like.

Return to posts index

Greg RobbinsRe: Business Card
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 3:48:32 am

After Effects is for video and would not be used for making business cards. Try photoshop, indesign, or illustrator. The only thing I can think of where I would use AE in a situation like this is with using trapcode form or particular to create a graphic and export a still image.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Business Card
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 4:09:23 am

Agreed. No reason go use AE for a business card. Same reason you shouldn't use a hammer to put in a screw.

As for what it should look like...that's up to you as a designer. It should follow all the normal rules of branding and design. Make sure the textures, colors, fonts, etc. all communicate the same message.

If you're desperate to see other people's cards try here.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

efraim orRe: Business Card
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 6:01:09 am

hehe no. ok i will explain again.
im using for some time in AE and i want to start taking money for my job... so i want to print myself b.card to give to people.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Business Card
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 1:18:22 pm

We understood that. What is your actual question. It sounded like you were saying you wanted to use AE to create your business card. And obviously, AE is not the right choice for that.
If you're asking how your card should look, see my previous post.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Business Card
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:39:33 pm

Make it simple and clean for now. Your name should be biggest, but don't try to fill the card with text: that looks amateurish and "horsey". Don't go overboard with fancy stuff. Maybe make your name in red, the rest in black. If it's nice and clean, print it and off you go. The next one can be better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]