ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Get the black out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vilma ZefranGet the black out
by on Apr 11, 2010 at 3:02:31 am

Hi, I can't seem to get the black out of my After Effects file when I import this to Final Cut over video. Ilooked at the threads posted in this forum and I can't seem to get an answer. Help?

Hi I can't seem to get the black background from my After Effects file when I import this into Final Cut. I have ready the forum threads re After Effects basics, but it's not get. Can someone help? Thanks.
Vilma

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Get the black out
by on Apr 11, 2010 at 4:20:41 am

i assume the black is supposed to be keyed out....?

it's usually one of three things. 1st make sure you don't actually have a full frame black solid layer in your comp... try toggling the checkered button at the bottom of the preview window to make sure you can see the checker pattern in the transparent areas.

2nd, make sure you are rendering to a codec that supports alpha. you know if the codec supports alpha after selecting the codec, you'll be able to set the render to rgb+alpha. codecs that do not support alpha will not have that option.

3rd, make sure fcp is correctly interpreting the alpha. there are usually some import settings in an nle that will allow you to set how it will handle the alpha channel.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

robert cragheadRe: Get the black out
by on Apr 11, 2010 at 7:20:42 pm

Kevin's right on all accounts. Also, if you have problems with the key just on the edges you may want to render out in 2 passes. 1 being a straight matte and the other being the alpha channel. In your editing program you them would use the alpha as a matte to get a clean key.

Robert Craghead
Founder
Ten Stories
tenstories.com

Return to posts index

Vilma ZefranRe: Get the black out
by on Apr 11, 2010 at 8:51:21 pm

Kevin,

Thank you. It was the alpha channel selection. I didn't even think of looking in that window. YOu're a saviour.

Vilma

Hi I can't seem to get the black background from my After Effects file when I import this into Final Cut. I have ready the forum threads re After Effects basics, but it's not get. Can someone help? Thanks.
Vilma

Return to posts index

Shaun KnappRe: Get the black out
by on Oct 15, 2010 at 2:54:33 pm

Magnificent. Had the same question, happy and delighted to find the answer was searchable right here.

Shaun K.

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to rack and ruin without fail. It is a very grave mistake to think that the engagement of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty." --- Albert Einstien

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]