ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issue when creating a crowd using particular in After Effects : (

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexis Wuyts
Issue when creating a crowd using particular in After Effects : (
on Apr 8, 2010 at 7:12:35 pm

I made a crowd using particular and a mov. file. I attached the mov. file to the textures of my particles. I needed the mov files to align perfectly so I used the emitter as a "box" and the emitter type as a "grid" it seems to work. In fact it would look awesome, but when using the 3D camera to travel through my 3D scene the mov. file rotates to be facing the camera at all time. I need those particles to stay in a fixed position. I am guessing it is an option that needs to be checked off but I am not sure which one... Do you have any ideas?

Thank you so much for the help.

Sincerely,

Alexis

Return to posts index

Ben Coello
Re: Issue when creating a crowd using particular in After Effects : (
on Apr 8, 2010 at 7:44:17 pm

Sounds to me that you want a textured polygon instead of a textured sprite. The box for it can be found in the particle properties, particle type.

Sprites are always seen to be facing directly towards the camera, where polygons will allow you to rotate around them in different orientations.

Did that answer your question?

Return to posts index

Alexis Wuyts
on Apr 9, 2010 at 1:35:52 am

Yes it did. Thank you sooo much. I have been trying to make this work for so long. Thx to you I now have my smile back.
My only other issue with that now is that the particle layer is not responding the same way as my other layers when using the 3D camera. I can probably work around it, but it is a bit painful. Any other awesome suggestions?

Alexis

Return to posts index

robert craghead
on Apr 11, 2010 at 2:36:51 am

Put the effect in a precomp, should work fine in 3d space

Robert Craghead
Founder
Ten Stories
tenstories.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>