ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D "On the Job" Training with Blender for After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richert Goyette
3D "On the Job" Training with Blender for After Effects
on Apr 8, 2010 at 4:26:19 pm

Dear Forum Members:

I am posting this because the COW members have a very unique benefit in the tutorials section that should be of particular interest to After Effects users.

Paolo Ciccone has created a series of amazing tutorials using a very sophisticated and FREE 3D program (Blender). These Blender Survival Guide COW tutorials were specifically created to meet the needs of compositors who use After Effects and want to integrate 3D into their scenes.

If you want to do 3D in After Effects and have considered Blender to be too complicated/sophisticated for your needs . . . you might very well profit by viewing this series. After all, you don't have to buy the program and the training is free.

After setting up the interface of the program, we began to immediately create text, incorporate ambient occlusion into scenes, texture objects, and render and import 3D files into After Effects.

It is one of the best tutorial series I have viewed (although I'm not sure anyone can beat Andrew Kramer). I think that its value is because it is not about what each button does but using the tool in the creative pipeline. In fact, Paolo has described the series as Blender "On the Job" training.

The sentences below are some that I copied from members' comments:

"Amazingly useful. Thanks very much Paolo for making these free tutorials which are easily better and more informative than some I've paid to see!"

"This is wonderful, thank you so much for posting these amazing Survival Guides. So very helpful. I was about to uninstall Blender in frustration until I found these tutorials. I can't thank you enough."

"I've been trying to figure blender out on my own for several months now. It's great to watch step by step from an expert. Keep 'em coming!!"

"Gave up Blender last year - I found it too tricky. Thanks to your simple way of explaining things I'm giving it another go."

So take a look if you have any interest!

Rich

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
Re: 3D "On the Job" Training with Blender for After Effects
on Apr 8, 2010 at 8:05:29 pm

Sounds great. How about a link?

Return to posts index

Richert Goyette
on Apr 8, 2010 at 8:24:01 pm

Hey Joey:

I'm glad that you are interested. The comments about this training have been so positive from members that I think that you will enjoy it.

Download blender 2.49b for your particular operating system from the blender.org site at: http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/ Note that the Blender team is currently working on version 2.5--a powerful upgrade with a more intuitive interface. However, 2.5 is still in the alpha stage of development.

The tutorials are in the COW tutorial section. If you go to the COW home page, the menu bar lists "Forums, Tutorials, Magazine, Training, Video Reels," etc. Just click on the tutorials button. The tutorials are named: "Blender Survival Guide" Parts 1-9. They currently use blender 2.49b; however, Paolo is already offering hints about interface changes in 2.5.

Start with the first tutorial from Paolo and then move on at your own pace.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Rich

Return to posts index

Joey Foreman
on Apr 8, 2010 at 8:52:50 pm

Here's the link for all of these tutorials.

http://leaders.creativecow.net/leaders/ciccone_paolo/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]