ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframing Motion In After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul murphy
Keyframing Motion In After Effects
on Apr 7, 2010 at 10:34:17 pm

Hi i have a question, ive spent the last 3 nights working on and still dont know how to do it.
I have a person with an animated walk,walking left but fixed into the centre of the screen,and then a background moving right so it looks like that person is moving in real time,but i just dont understand how to make sure my animated guys feet dont look like they are slipping on the floor.i've tryed everything please help
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Tudor Jelescu
Re: Keyframing Motion In After Effects
on Apr 8, 2010 at 7:26:22 am

I the animation for the walking person is continuous and smooth, it's math = measure the distance for one step, divide the bk still length by that, and you get the number of steps the animated person needs to take in order to cover that distance. Animate the bk accordingly, play with speed changes.
If you have a more organic animation, where the person has unequal steps and pauses, then animate him in a wider comp over the bk step by step, then bring that comp in a regular frame comp and create the camera move.

Return to posts index

paul murphy
on Apr 8, 2010 at 10:51:34 am

i have unequal steps and pauses,what i did was create a comp with the man in it changed the rotation position for all the limbs,then added an angle control for each,then pick whipped the rotation of each limb to each controller animated the walk with keyframing,now it would be easy if i was walking from one side of the screen to the other,because the image would be still, but my guy is standing cenre stage,and has an uneven timed walk,and i want him to walk from one side of the panoramic jpeg to the other but still be in the middle of the screen.i tryed tracking his walk applying to a null then pickwhip the background to the null only on the x axis but its too jumpy not smooth.may be i should cut the grass out of the image,import it back make it a 3d layer move it infront of the background image,make that still but the background image move,but thats not going to look real.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Apr 8, 2010 at 5:26:30 pm

Then as I suggested, make the person walk from one side to the other in a wider comp. Make sure that you keep the foot that's supposed to be on the ground in the same place once it's set. Then take that comp into a regular frame size comp and create the pan.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
on Apr 8, 2010 at 8:23:56 am

Like Tudor's said; it simple math and observe.. ( sorry for my English) Here is the technic: when front leg on the floor accept a keyframe to the position x of the BG layer. go forward until front leg becomes back leg. accept a keyframe to the position x of the BG layer and bring it back exactly where the front leg (now it is back leg) stepped before.. and go on like this until finish the animation..

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]