ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

render setings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marko Milosavljevicrender setings
by on Apr 7, 2010 at 9:13:06 pm

i have videos made by Praktica HD, and they are in MOV format. what is the best render settings in After Effects? How can i render with minimum loss of quality?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: render setings
by on Apr 7, 2010 at 9:25:18 pm

Are you asking how to prepare them for use in AE or what to render them when you render out of AE?
What are you trying to do with that footage in AE and what is your intended use for them after you render them out of AE?

Also, MOV is merely a container format, there are many different codecs that it could contain. Some are lossless and perfect for an intermediary file (such as the animation codec, PNG codec, etc.) and some are lossy (Sorensen 3, Photo-JPEG, etc.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marko MilosavljevicRe: render setings
by on Apr 7, 2010 at 9:41:14 pm

i make some short clip with some effects and i want to render it out of AE. i just want to watch it on PC and maybe put it on web, but that is not primary. i try animation codec and quality is ok but everything got blue, like the blue channel is somehow increased. i don't know why.

Return to posts index

Heath AlseikeRe: render setings
by on Apr 7, 2010 at 11:29:27 pm

Animation is usually the best looking of all the mov codecs. You should try H.264 for the web. Both of these are .mov files. As far as the blue that is probably something in your composition. Check for a layer or an effect you meant to turn off and may have forgotten. That is normally the case when I see a glitch in one of my renders.

Return to posts index

Marko MilosavljevicRe: render setings
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 9:14:47 am

ok i will try that. thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved