ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Continuously Rasterize Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris JoyceContinuously Rasterize Problem
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 4:11:17 pm

I'm currently puzzled by something that I'm sure has a simple solution. I'm currently animating a Lion. The animation is done using the puppet tool and other key frames in scale, position and rotation. The animation is finished so I've added the continuously rasterize option to smooth it out when the camera zooms in.

The problem is the continuously rasterize option has messed up the animation. On the tail the puppet key frames are all over the place and parts of the main end up in weird positions. I have over 50 layers so don't want to have to reposition it all.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong? Do I have to rasterize something before I animate?

Any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Continuously Rasterize Problem
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 5:46:37 pm

Sounds like you have procomps which are a combination of 2D and 3D layers. You'll need to provide more input into the structure of your final comp and the precomps.

It's not going to be easy cos youmay have to reposition a number of the layers.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Continuously Rasterize Problem
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 9:08:00 pm

This page may help.
It says:
"Don’t animate the position or scale of a continuously rasterized layer with layer transformations if you are also animating the layer with the Puppet tools. The render order for continuously rasterized layers—such as shape layers and text layers—is different from the render order for raster layers. You can precompose the shape layer and use the Puppet tools on the precomposition layer, or you can use the Puppet tools to transform the shapes within the layer."

It has a lot of other information and links to many other useful info with the puppet tools.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chris JoyceRe: Continuously Rasterize Problem
by on Apr 7, 2010 at 8:17:48 am

Thanks for your help.

I have been sent another Lion now so will have to re-animate it anyway. I will be more careful and hopefully won't have the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved