ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS5 and Mac Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee WarnerCS5 and Mac Pro
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 3:36:02 pm

Will AE CS5 be compatible with the newest Mac Pros?

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS5 and Mac Pro
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 4:23:53 pm

Which Mac Pro computer, specifically, are you wondering about?

My initial answer is "yes", but I want to make sure that there's not some super-secret "newest Mac Pro" you're talking about. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Lee WarnerRe: CS5 and Mac Pro
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 4:44:33 pm

I'm specifically talking about the Mac Pro 8-Core (Two 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processors) computers. Pardon my Mac ignorance but is this Mac Pro 64-bit? Is AE CS5 only for 64-bit processors?

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS5 and Mac Pro
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 5:15:27 pm

Yes, After Effects CS5 will work on the machine that you describe.

All of the Mac computers made for the past several years have been 64-bit machines. And Mac OS has been able to run 64-bit applications since Leopard (10.5).

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Lee WarnerRe: CS5 and Mac Pro
by on Apr 7, 2010 at 2:47:10 pm

Thanks your help Todd.

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]