ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Moire effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer TweedMoire effect
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 9:05:12 pm

I need some urgent help!

I am making something very similar to this: with very high res .psd's flying all over the place and am getting the most horrible moire and jitter issues I have seen. I have had this happen before with 3D layers that are very high resolution, but have managed to 'fix' it with reduce interlace flicker or DOF. This time, however, I am going for a very hard edged look and don't want to have to blur anything I don't need to.

My comp is the NTSC D1 Widescreen Square Pixel preset (872px x 486px; square pixels). I have tried both interlaced an non-interlaced in vain (which has fixed problems in the past).

The problem seems to occur when anti-aliasing very high resolution images moving in AE's 2.5D.

Thanks in advance,
Spencer Tweed

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Moire effect
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 2:53:26 am

You seem to know the answers. If deadline is tight, you will do well to leverage on your experience and do the necessary to cut your losses.

Sorry I can't be of much help.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Job HallRe: Moire effect
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 7:49:10 pm

Not sure if you've fixed the problem or still need help, but usually the moire problem can be fixed if you resize the images the exact size they are going to be used. If you're importing high res images and scaling them down, you'll have problems.

Job Hall
Creative Director
c. 401.662.9143

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Moire effect
by on Jan 6, 2011 at 9:29:57 pm

Thanks, I can't now remember what I did to fix it but I know that resizing pictures seems to be a great fix.

I have still yet to see a fix for AE's 2.5D problems though. It seems that as soon as you hit the 3D switch a new rendered kicks in; it takes much longer and has a lot more jitter issues. I guess this is where things like Nuke start to come in handy...

If anyone has more info please let me know, this is an ongoing concern for me and though I have found workarounds I would still like to better understand the problem.

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved