ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS3 Font Switch Glitch When Previewing/Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler SchmalzAE CS3 Font Switch Glitch When Previewing/Render
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 9:03:56 pm

Hey, all, I'm experiencing a weird issue that has just come about today (but didn't exist on Tuesday when I used this project last):

I'm using ITC Officina Sans AE CS3 and it's giving me a glitch where my type's properties (font, style, even the specific text) are changing and switching when I RAM Preview and export/render. Here's what it's giving me:

and the next frame it'll look like this:

It'll sometimes change the characters and on one instance was inserting "AE" instead of a "." (but I can't seem to get the same result right now).

The oddest part is this: if I just step through the comp 1 frame at a time, it doesn't give me any of the wrong font; it's the right typeface/style/text every frame.

I tried restarting, I tried shutting down. I validated the font. I deleted the font then reinstalled it. I saw a similar issue related to OpenGL so I tried running it with it on and off. I guess I'm out of ideas.

Any ideas what's going on?

Comp Info: 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro running AE CS3

*****Edit***** And now, to make things worse, I tried to remove the font and reinstall it again and it won't let me reinstall it. Unfortunately we use ITC Officina Sans a lot for a specific client. Any help on that?

Return to posts index

Luis Ozonas FerrerRe: AE CS3 Font Switch Glitch When Previewing/Render
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 6:44:51 pm

Just the same to me but with another font. How did you solve this?

Return to posts index

Brian TurnerRe: AE CS3 Font Switch Glitch When Previewing/Render
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 8:44:04 pm

Running into the same issue on multiple networked machines. Font looks as intended, but upon render the font changes every 1/2 second or so. Anyone run into this as well ???

Brian Turner
Freelance Editor / Data Handler

Return to posts index

Marc-André LavoieRe: AE CS3 Font Switch Glitch When Previewing/Render
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 3:29:26 pm

Same issue here. Very strange.

I tried with a different font and no glitch. It seems to be font-related...

Return to posts index

Trevor BoydRe: AE CS3 Font Switch Glitch When Previewing/Render
by on Aug 30, 2014 at 8:01:54 pm

There are a couple fixes I have found for problems like this.

The first one didn't work for me but you can try Edit>Purge>All Memory and Image Cache Memory. This is suppose to help with bugs where you replaced a font in your sequence and a bug happened where there is a mixture of the old and new font in your cache (I think that's the idea anyhow).

The second option worked great for me. You just go into the layer of text and change its font to something else and then change it back to what you wanted it to be. I even switched the font a few times just to make sure. This fix made it so my text stopped changing fonts.

You can also try deleting the layer of text and bringing it back into the sequence again. Either Copy and Paste it back in or delete the text and then drag the sequence (the sequence you have your text layer in) from your project window back down into your sequence.

Hope some of this helps someone some day!

Return to posts index

Elle WhiteRe: AE CS3 Font Switch Glitch When Previewing/Render
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 6:43:46 pm

Definitely helped me! Thank you for taking the time to answer so long after the conversation had started. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved