ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

MPEG 2 TS format

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John GarrouMPEG 2 TS format
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 2:16:11 pm

Will After Effects render out an MPEG2 TS format video?

Please help.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: MPEG 2 TS format
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 3:52:32 pm

I've never tried it because of this:
Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Making good-looking compressed files is almost as much an art as it is a science. It is NOT straightforward at all. I recommend asking a few questions at the COW's Compression Techniques forum.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: MPEG 2 TS format
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 7:35:20 pm

Michael is correct. After Effects can't really generate a TS (Title Set). If you're on a Mac use Compressor if you're on a PC and have Encore make the best *UN*compressed render you can in After Effects, import it in to Encore and let it make the TS file.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: MPEG 2 TS format
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 2:59:58 am

Hi Brian, the TS refered to is an acronym for Transport Stream, a multiplexed MPEG file which is desired for digital broadcast due to its more effective error controls.

I would look at Squared 5's MPEG Streamclip for a cheap and good solution.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved