ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Water Shine and Reflection

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert HaneyWater Shine and Reflection
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 2:25:53 am

K so I created an almost perfectly realistic water wake but I can't seem to get the top edges of every part of the wake to shimmer, like when moon hits the apex of a wave you get that bright white shimmer/reflection. I also can't seem to get a good realistic reflection that shines just with the waves. I used fractal noise and some color correction as well as a bit of turbulent displacement. Any clues on how to do the shimmers and reflections of say a moon?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Water Shine and Reflection
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 4:49:24 am

You'll want to islate the areas that require the shimmer effect. Since this is all done in AE, you can duplicate the layer and add Levels and crunch the blacks/whites until you end up with just the shimmer areas as white and everywhere else as black.

Use this as a matte for your shimmer effect where the fill layer can also be created with fractal noise. Off course, do not forget the Turbulent Noise so that the matte and the original move in tandem.

For the reflections, you'll have to tweak levels/curves and opacity to get look you want.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved