ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Photoshop import has Missing Frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shuling YongPhotoshop import has Missing Frames
by on Apr 4, 2010 at 8:50:10 pm

Hi folks,

I'm using AE CS4. When I import a .psd file, I get the error message "After Effects warning: The sequence has 1 missing frames (39:44)". The message keeps popping up multiple times, and i think it has to do with the number of layers i have in that file.

I've imported that file with no issues in the same project in the past, so I'm confused why it's telling me this now. How does a photoshop image have a certain number of frames when it's just a single image? What can I do to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Photoshop import has Missing Frames
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 6:32:28 am

Never had such issues. Try using another file format. Also, take a look at your prefs to see if PSD files are set to import as sequenced images.

You may also want to visit old COW hand at Once there, click on the link for AE Error Codes and see if that's helpful.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Ian BergRe: Photoshop import has Missing Frames
by on Aug 7, 2010 at 9:52:58 pm

I had this same difficulty... I opened the .psd in photoshop and re-saved it using a different name and then imported it into AE. It worked fine... I am assuming the AE project must have thought the file was already imported and this confused it... try it and if it works.. awesome :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved