ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Reproducing the ABC Friday Night Intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy OsbornReproducing the ABC Friday Night Intro
by on Apr 2, 2010 at 8:23:18 pm

I'm looking for some thoughts on how I could reproduce the first part of this "classic" intro from the ABC Friday night movie from the early 80's.

I'm most interested in how you would duplicate the first third of the intro (The 3-d perspective effect of the star).

I'd be looking to do this purely in After Effects although I'm comfortable with creating any needed assets in Photoshop or Illustrator. I have fairly good knowledge of AE, so any pointers to pre-existing tutorials that could be modified would be fine.

- Thanks!

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Reproducing the ABC Friday Night Intro
by on Apr 3, 2010 at 1:19:06 am

You could probably just build that star-shaped tunnel out of long skinny 3D layers. Create a tileable texture in PS or AI at the size of the 3D layers that will make up each side of the star shape and then import and drag to the new comp icon. Then in that pre-comp use motion tile on the texture layer to animate the texture moving to give the illusion of flying through the tunnel. In your main comp, use 10 copies of the texture pre-comp to assemble the tunnel. You could use a star shape in the background to help you get them lined up in a front orthogonal view (no perspective). That's what I'd do anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved