ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Getting the deleted layers back

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhishek SharmaGetting the deleted layers back
by on Apr 2, 2010 at 6:11:00 pm

Hello,Well i dont know wether its gonna be logical or not but the problesm is that i had made a project on After effects cs3 and then tried to see how few changes would look in it and deleted some layers just for experimenting.Then i closed AE and by mistake pressed yes for saving those changes and those layers were deleted permanantly.Now i want the previous layers back as i made lots of changes and dont want to make the whole project again.Is there any possible way of getting them back.How Stupid of me!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Getting the deleted layers back
by on Apr 2, 2010 at 6:23:52 pm

There are two ways you MIGHT be able to get the changes back:

1) You have AE set up to do periodic auto-saves -- you could open an earlier save of the project.
2) You use AE's Increment and Save feature -- you could open an earlier version of the project.

If you didn't use those save methods, I'm afraid you'll have to do the work over again.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andy GeorgeRe: Getting the deleted layers back
by on Apr 2, 2010 at 6:23:55 pm

I think the only thing that might work would be going into your auto-saves and seeing if you still
have a version with your deleted layers.

From the manual-

Auto-saved files are saved in the Adobe After Effects Auto-Save folder, which is located in the same folder as the original project file. Auto-saved filenames are based on the project name: After Effects adds “auto-save n” (where n is the number of the file in the auto-save series) to the end of the filename. Maximum Project Versions specifies how many versions of each project file you want to save. When the number of versions saved reaches the maximum you specify, the Auto-Save feature overwrites them starting with the oldest file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved