ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how to make an umbrella open

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Noelhow to make an umbrella open
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 8:04:07 pm

Sure that this has been part of a past thread, somewhere. I have a psd that is a logo that incorporates an
umbrella as part of the company logho. I am to animate the umbrella opening. Thoughts on easiest/best
way in AE to do? thanks to all.

Return to posts index

Greg RobbinsRe: how to make an umbrella open
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 8:09:12 pm

We need more information on what you are trying to do. What does it need to look like? Very realistic or a sketch? Best results would be to 3d model it in a 3d app like 3ds max or maya.

Return to posts index

Dan NoelRe: how to make an umbrella open
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 8:11:57 pm

Greg: needs to look like an umbrella going from closed position, with panels closed down around the post to fully opened. Thought it might be some sort of distort, but not sure. thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: how to make an umbrella open
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 8:52:57 pm

Unless you know a 3D animator, your task will be very difficult indeed, not to mention expensive.

There are two plugins that will warp 3D layers in 3D space: Freeform (don't know who makes it) and 3D Warps by Zaxwerks. You'll need to get it for the panels.

I have NO clue how I'd attach the panels to the rest of the umbrella's mechanism... like the ribs, which have to all open in unison.... and I don't know how much of the umbrella you'd show.

All in all, I would NOT want to touch a job like this in AE, not one bit, no sir!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan NoelRe: how to make an umbrella open
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 9:15:06 pm

Dave.. As always, thanks.. However, No guts no glory.. I will give it a whack. Freeform, eh?? hmmm.. thanks for the info. Best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]