ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

4x3 cropped on final dvd burn

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Rozon4x3 cropped on final dvd burn
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 11:46:12 pm

accidentally posted this on the encore forum. I think it is better suited here.

I am working with After Effects on CS4. vista 64bit.

I have an AE project which I rendered out 3 comps. All are dv.09 4x3 and all looks good. exported as quick time DV being sure to flag it as 4x3

Brought them into Premiere for additional work and all looks good. Exported 3 seperate files as Mpg2DVD making sure all is set to 4x3.

Using encore I generated 3 seperate dvd's of these files. previewed all three within encore and all looks good

on playback using the same dvd player the same monitor two of the files playback propper 4x3 and one of the files is cropped top, bottom, left and right.

I bypassed Premiere and brought the three files directly into encore and the same problem occured. previewed fine in encore but after burn the same file became cropped.

I have looked through every setting I can find in AE to insure both comps have the identical 4x3 settings. All seems to match up exactly. The obvious difference between the comps is that 2 of them are very basic 2D, 3 layers typical motion graphics that I usually put together. The comp that is giving me trouble is 3D, 10 layers, camera, null object which is not typical for me.

I have trouble shot this one to death. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Return to posts index

Paul RozonRe: 4x3 cropped on final dvd burn
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 11:48:27 pm

Also... If I put the burnt DVD into my pc, windows media player plays it without any cropping.

Return to posts index

Alperen T. AyhanRe: 4x3 cropped on final dvd burn
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:55:05 pm

my english is not so good, perhaps I have understood wrong but: if you play it on external dvd player and external monitor, this means safe areas cropped. Try to open "Title Safe area" on software, you will see the cropped areas.. so after that you can put your comps into safe area..

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Paul RozonRe: 4x3 cropped on final dvd burn
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 5:00:33 pm

I am acutomed to allowing for safe action/safe title. the cropping extends well beyond your usual safe action or safe title.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 4x3 cropped on final dvd burn
by on Apr 1, 2010 at 5:19:51 pm

[Paul Rozon] "accidentally posted this on the encore forum. I think it is better suited here. "

Hmmm, I don't.

Assuming you double-checked your rendered AE files in a different application prior to importing them into either encore or premiere... and you double-checked each DVD project prior to burning, then the weirdness is happening in Encore, it would seem.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]