ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

broadcast color problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexey Bobrovsky
broadcast color problems
on Mar 31, 2010 at 9:36:09 pm

Hi. I have very strange problem... I made a design for tv show on a broadcast channel and their is a 3D room with white walls and red furniture (C4D+AE). When I sent it to custommer hi replyed that red parts turn blue when he (actually they) try to watch it on tv screen vie some editing hardware card (no one still can't tell me the model ;-)

But they say I rendered project with improper compression! Interleave must be 1:1 and I made 1:2. First I was coding videos in QuickTime Sorenson Video 3 and thought its the source of problem. But now I made MS DV PAL with lower field first (of cause) and they still expirience the same troubles!

They also say that one computer shows proper colors, but its occupied for daily news. And the second one fails. As far as I understood computers have the same configuration.

I searched all over the inet but still can't find any solution and even someone else expiriencing same problems.

I made bunch of CG works for different broadcast companies (and for differt countries I might add), but never faced anything like this.

Would appriciate any help.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: broadcast color problems
on Apr 1, 2010 at 4:52:01 pm

I have never heard of After Effects turning the color red into the color blue. I have heard of a computer that displayed media files in the wrong color, but it needed repair. I think the problem is with your client's equipment.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alexey Bobrovsky
on Apr 1, 2010 at 5:46:25 pm

Thanks for your respons!

They somehow coped with that problem, but forgot to keep me informed. And they also are unable to explain what did they do and what was all about. They can't even tell me the model of their editing card :-))

All I know they transcoded my video to another format (as they explain :-)) and colors got back!

But still its interesting why color change could happen...

P.S.: In red parts there is 174 of red. Other colors wouldn't go higher then 9!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 1, 2010 at 7:55:57 pm

[Alexey Bobrovsky] "They somehow coped with that problem, but forgot to keep me informed. And they also are unable to explain what did they do and what was all about. They can't even tell me the model of their editing card :-))"

I'd agree with Dave -- I'll bet the problem was on their end. My wild guess with no other information is that they accidentally swapped the two chrominance cables from the I/O card to the monitor.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Alexey Bobrovsky
on Apr 1, 2010 at 8:06:25 pm

I didn't think about that! May be... ))

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>