ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Layer not accepting Shadows

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Goodnight
Layer not accepting Shadows
on Mar 31, 2010 at 9:24:26 pm

I'm using a jpeg as a floor in my comp... It is set to 3d, material options accept shadows on, accepts lights on. Layer above that should be casting shadows, casts shadows on other layers but not on this floor.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: Layer not accepting Shadows
on Mar 31, 2010 at 10:11:10 pm

Got a screengrab of the timeline, with options visible for light, 55, floor?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:56:16 am

A guess is that you have an intervening layer that is preventing shadow casting across it. See this page for more details about what I mean.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Jacob Goodnight
on Apr 1, 2010 at 3:21:50 am

Ok. I had an adjustment layer to make my reflection render right and it was screwing up the shadow. Here's what I did if it helps anyone... I just lowered the opacity of the floor and upped the and upped the opacity of the reflection

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]