ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Two Magnifying glasses on motion track

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomas Diaz VelascoTwo Magnifying glasses on motion track
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 5:07:43 am

Hi there,

I have followed the tutorial to make a magnifying glass and this is fantastic. however i would like now to have the same effect on a pair of glasses that follow a motion tracking. i tryied all i can think of, which is no much as i am not an AE guy. but the center point of the adjustment layer thing has been problematic.

i can not get the second glass effect to work as the first one. but i have it in a second adjustment layer and maybe thats not how it is supposed to be.

also, i can not get the adjustment layer to follow the null object where the motion tracking is.Any Ideas???

Return to posts index

Bartek SkorupaRe: Two Magnifying glasses on motion track
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 11:29:51 am

I don't know exactly which effects you are using, but I can assume, that one of them can be "magnify"
Note that it has the property called "Center". This is something that uses absolute coordinates, so the position of the Adjustment Layer you applied the effect to is irrelevant.
You have to link this property to the track.
If you have the null that follows the track, just alt-click the "Center" and pick whip this to the position of the null.

Bartek Skorupa
Warszawa, Poland

Return to posts index

Tomas Diaz VelascoRe: Two Magnifying glasses on motion track
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 12:46:59 pm

Thanks Bartek,

i have a bulge and a magnify effect i can position the center of the bulge effect in the center of the adjusting layer and lock the center of one of the glasses with them. this means i can move the adjustment layer and glasses and effect move with it. so instead of the null object i just motion tracked from the center of the adjustment layer (for some reason it dont give me the option to motion track but figured that selecting the position option gave me the chance to track position then the rotation option wakes up in the tracking control panel)

so far so good the bulge effect that affects the image radiating from the center works well with the center of the glass. however, when trying to do the same woth the second lens of the glasses becomes conflictive because i can not just simply generate another centre and track the motion again or the glasses would become somehow elastic.

i wonder if there is a way of having lets say the adjustment layer centre at the same distance (same position and rotation) in relation with the first adjustment layer that is tracking the motion.

phew! got an entangled tongue, hope it makes sense

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved